
I figured in honor of Emma's birthday, I would write about a few of her favorite things as a big one year old girl. Don't ask me why but she just loves diapers; she can get into the container I keep them in and get them out and cuddle with them. She would cuddle with the dirty ones too if I let her!
She loves this toy, and can actually make a few of them open. I think that this is the toy that she will play with for the longest continual time, and she gets really excited about it.Ever since she was pretty tiny this has been her favorite doll.

Emma loves to eat peas

Much to my chagrine she loves the stairs. When we go up together I let her climb, and when the gate happens to be opened, she sneaks her way up. It's pretty cute because when she sees someone coming to get her off she starts moving twice as fast. She really goes up and down well, but since the stairs are wood and we have a tile floor at the bottom, I am a little wary of giving her free access. She also has this heart stopping game of standing on the edge of the top stair and doing a little dance.

Ever since she learned how to walk she has loved climbing up into the rocking chair and she can actually rock herself.

Emma loves being outside and this is one of her two favorite places to be when she is outside. I will often go and do something with the garden or something else outside and she will climb in and out of the truck the whole time.

This picture of her opening the truck is in honor of her loving to open doors: bedroom doors, toy car doors, toy house doors, little people barn doors, kitchen cabinet doors... you name it she likes to open and close it.

This is her other favorite outside spot. She gets shade, a door to open and shut, and a window to peek out and scream - what could be better?

Her favorite movie is Baby Mozart, but really it only holds her attention for a few minutes. She is a girl on the go. I really liked this picture with her and Matthew in the same stance!

When she gets the opportunity to touch her bike she really likes it - however she has to fight off Matthew and Aaron for a turn. Half of the time when I ask the older kids to watch her it involves pushing her on her bike.

Here is her favorite blanket, although she is not much of a cuddler even when she is tired so she doesn't actually use it very often. Every once in a while we'll be sitting near her crib and she will see it and yank on it until it comes out.

Emma loves to eat peas

Much to my chagrine she loves the stairs. When we go up together I let her climb, and when the gate happens to be opened, she sneaks her way up. It's pretty cute because when she sees someone coming to get her off she starts moving twice as fast. She really goes up and down well, but since the stairs are wood and we have a tile floor at the bottom, I am a little wary of giving her free access. She also has this heart stopping game of standing on the edge of the top stair and doing a little dance.

Ever since she learned how to walk she has loved climbing up into the rocking chair and she can actually rock herself.

Emma loves being outside and this is one of her two favorite places to be when she is outside. I will often go and do something with the garden or something else outside and she will climb in and out of the truck the whole time.

This picture of her opening the truck is in honor of her loving to open doors: bedroom doors, toy car doors, toy house doors, little people barn doors, kitchen cabinet doors... you name it she likes to open and close it.

This is her other favorite outside spot. She gets shade, a door to open and shut, and a window to peek out and scream - what could be better?

Her favorite movie is Baby Mozart, but really it only holds her attention for a few minutes. She is a girl on the go. I really liked this picture with her and Matthew in the same stance!

When she gets the opportunity to touch her bike she really likes it - however she has to fight off Matthew and Aaron for a turn. Half of the time when I ask the older kids to watch her it involves pushing her on her bike.

Here is her favorite blanket, although she is not much of a cuddler even when she is tired so she doesn't actually use it very often. Every once in a while we'll be sitting near her crib and she will see it and yank on it until it comes out.
I am out of pictures but I thought I would add that she is a very busy kid. She almost never even makes it through a whole bottle without having to see what's going on or get up and play for a while. She loves to wander and find new things and she loves the trampoline! Since she took her first steps at 8 months she is an old pro by now and can practically run when she is excited -- it is very cute. She has also found a new love of the pool, although she really likes to stand at the edge and throw things in too.
A few things she really doesn't like: going to sleep (she has to stop moving in order to do it), getting her hair done, Matthew sitting in "her" rocking chair, cuddling and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

Kera, she is so cute and I must say a spitting image of you.
ReplyDelete