I made videos of the older kids swimming but for some reason I could not upload them to my blog so you have to be content with pictures.

This is Nathan. He really is getting pretty good; he's got the technique mostly done -- he just needs to work on his speed in order to move out of the beginning class. It is fun to see how far he has come in the few months he has been swimming.

I didn't get a great picture of Katie but the little black swim cap and green swimsuit is her. She has the most natural talent and she has a pretty stroke, but sometimes it looks like she is moving in slow motion.

Aaron is our funniest swimmer. He really has improved though - he had a hard time going the length of the pool without stopping when he started, but I almost never notice him hanging on to the wall or the rope anymore. He can almost even dive now; at first he would clasp his hands and jump in feet first.

Matthew just hangs out at the side playing on the ramp, but he is getting pretty brave; he'll go all the way underwater and wiggle around a bit. Sometimes I think he is drowning because he looks awkward, but then he puts his feet down.

Emma likes to play in the water but she doesn't spend a lot of time with her face under water. She is really good though at blowing bubbles in the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment