In order to play the Wii my kids have to earn time. They earn half the amount of time they spend practicing the piano. Nathan also has another way he earns time. When I found out that they Jr High does not actually have the kids do any physical activity in Gym (they generally just sit against the wall for the period) I added exercise time to his earning time.
Emma is showing off great positioning for open leg rockers right here!

Usually he just walks but a few times he has opted for pilates. It is really funny to watch because Nathan is about as limber as a tree trunk -- hopefully pilates will help with that in the long run!!! Aaron joined in this day because the rule is that if there is an exercise video on you either have to join in or leave the room.

Matthew and Emma have been practicing pilates every once in a while with dad. They really like rolling like a ball; although their proportions make it hard to roll back up - so I usually help them with that part.
Awesome rules! I really need to make those our rules too. The participate or leave the room is great!
ReplyDeleteYou are totally brilliant. I think those are fantastic rules. Nicely done. And the kids are so cute! M
ReplyDelete