Sunday, November 22, 2009

Long Time No Blog

So, obviously I have been a little delinquent about blogging. For a while it was just too little time to much to deal with and then I wasn't quite sure where to start off. Not even mentioning the fun random moments in the last few months... Should I start with the announcement that we are having another baby in April -which is kind of why I didn't have the time to blog for a while I just felt too yucky!! Although most of my readers already know this news by now he he. Or should it be a birthday blog for Matthew - since that did happen about 2 months ago - but that takes planning and picture set ups so that we can see his favorite things. I do feel bad for not doing this in a timely manner. In twenty years he will look back and realize that all of his problems are because he wasn't loved as a child!!!

Then of course I need to do a couple blogs about our many travels. We went to DC to see Andy's sister, Rebecca's family. We had a great visit with them and got to see some cool DC sights. We also took a trip to Arkansas to say goodbye to Grandpa and Grandma Fox as they were about to embark on a mission to Kenya -- ok so we also went to pick up their truck that we are babysitting while they are gone =>. Which leads me to the fact that we now have 5 vehicles to our names because we also got a new van in order to seat our soon to be family of 8 - and we have yet to sell the old one, then we have Andy's car, his motor cycle, and his parents truck. I just take comfort in knowing that while we have a parking lot full of cars out front, they do all run!!!

Or I could mention our fourth weekend in a row in October that we spent in the car, but it was not for such a fun reason as the other trips. My mom had been battling cancer for a year and was receiving a bone marrow transplant but it wasn't taking well and she died. As a person who is not very good as showing/sharing emotions blogging about that is easy to put off - especially in the light of feeling to need to back blog other things first to keep life in order.

Just thinking about everything I needed to write overwhelmed me and it was easy to say - OK today I'm going to blog and then just let life get in the way and never get around to it. But now that I have done a brief overview of the last couple of months, maybe I can be OK with blogging it out of order and just writing what I feel like that day.

My other problem is that being pregnant made a good excuse, for me anyway, to not bother with taking many pictures for the last couple of months so hopefully I can either bum some off of family members who we spent a lot of time with lately or you'll just have to bear with me on my pictureless blogs.

I am going to try and follow my sister Heidi's example. After she had not blogged for a while she made it a habit again by doing it everyday for 21 days - you know because it is supposed to take that long to form a habit. That should give me plenty of time to fill in all the missing pieces and keep up with what is going on in the next few weeks too. Maybe starting this when my kids have a week off from school is a bad idea - hopefully I keep up with it.

1 comment:

  1. I was so sorry about your mom...Adam and I have been praying for your family. I hope you are feeling comfort from the Lord.

    Also, I had NO idea you were pregnant! One of the family members said something recently about 3 babies being on the way and I was all confused! CONGRATULATIONS! We're so excited for you! Do you know yet if you're having a boy or a girl? Or are you planning on finding out! Can't wait to welcome the new little one!!

    ReplyDelete