So the other day we were at a friend's house and Andy commented something about how I won't let him get a big screen TV. Taken straight from conference "We can't afford it, we don't need it and we don't even want it" is the quote that usually comes to mind when we talk about expensive things we don't need. My big kick right now though is food storage. I am actually using some that we already have, and I have spent all summer canning - so for some reason it has been on my mind. There is a whole lot that we still need, but I feel guilty asking to use a bunch of money to buy it.
Hence the deal. I figured that he could buy whatever TV he wants - within reason and I get to spend an equal amount on food storage. I really like this deal; the only problem is that Andy was mostly just talk and didn't really intend of buying a TV soon. It makes for an unusual situation where I am trying to convince Andy to spend a bunch of money on something we don't need that he wasn't planning to buy, so that I can get what I want. He he. I'm usually much more frugal than that!

So since Andy hasn't actually accepted my deal yet, I decided a little stronger persuasion is in order. The kids and I drew a big screen TV with a made up scene from Pirates of the Caribbean - kind of funny since they haven't even seen it - and taped it over the old TV.

This is a closer picture of the actual movie! We will make sure to have the movie playing in the background on his super cool surround sound speakers he already has. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.
What a role reversal! Dan teases that now that Charles has a big screen, we should have one too. I'm thinking we're should buy a baby first. :) Miranda
ReplyDelete