Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween

So it seems that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth!! Blogging takes so long when you have a camara that takes too nice pictures... Also we got a new computer since we last blogged and I don't know how to use the new picture program so I couldn't resize pictures or crop them to make them more attractive --oh well.
Um, I went a little crazy with Halloween this year. It all started with making Emma a pretty dress, because she actually likes them. I have forced Katie into a few, but Emma likes dresses. It didn't take as long as I expected so I went ahead and made Katie the killer whale she has been hoping for. Aaron and Nathan both wanted to be Harry Potter (Nathan was sick this day and didn't even feel well enough to quickly throw on a costume for a picture.) Matthew is Perry the Platupus or Agent P from Phineas and Ferb.
I didn't want to make the killer whale because I thought it would be too much trouble -- funny of all the costumes it was by far the easiest and quickest =>. Other than being too hot, and getting a lot of attention for having a great costume, I think Katie likes it. She won the costume contest for her age at a friend's church trunk or treat.
This is Aaron Potter. He really looks different with his hair spray painted black! While his looks simple I had to sew the stripes for the tie and the red and yellow trim around the pseudo sweater vest. I even put the Griffyndor patch on the robe - not that you can see it. He won the contest at our church trunk or treat.
This is Emma's southern belle dress. I told you I went a little crazy. Gathering the purple strip at he bottom alone took 2 hours. But I really like to make pretty dresses and rather than worrying about all the gathering I decided to just enjoy the journey - -and I did. She also won for her age group at my friend's trunk or treat. I did find it was a little impracticle for trick or treating though. I guess next year I'll have to figure out cute and functional!!
Matthew wanted to show off his Agent P moves. He wanted to be all sorts of things a wizard ninja knight was what he was planning. He even used his birthday money to buy ninja swords. Then he said he wanted to be Perry - Andy thought that was great so I did it. I even looked on line to figure out how to make a fedora hat -- I only had to try two times to get it right =>. Matthew is so fikle though that he didn't really want to be Perry once I made the costume. And he wanted a Harry Potter wand too. Silly kid. He won the Swim party costume contest.
Isn't she cute!!! she is wearing a costume I made for Katie when she was almost 3. It was a little too big for her but it mostly worked. I can't believe how big she is. It is funny that she is my biggest kid but for the life of her won't learn to talk. I did feel bad that I didn't make her anything new, so I made her the flower wreath for her head. I wasn't sure if she would wear it, but she love, love, loved it and didn't take it off -- and got upset when it fell off -- the entire night.
This is one of our friends and she is here because I was done with my costumes 2 weeks before Halloween so I offered to make her costume too! It turned out so cute!! I love the parasol she got to go with it too! It was fun to see her swishing her ruffles. She won the ward costume contest.
I'm thinking next year I won't be so crazy, but for this year it was really, really fun.

6 comments:

  1. You are so amazing!! And I sure feel inferior. All I did was draw a kitty face on Callie and Marian. Delaney wore a green M&M costume and Rylee has a cute ballerina outfit. Maybe wee need to live even closer so I can take advantage of you.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, Kera. My kids wish you were their mom at Halloween! Totally impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great costumes. I love the Perry costume. I thought I was doing pretty good making Steven's "Alpha Pig" costume, but yours are so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super impressed! Love Emma's dress! And Katie's killer whale is amazing. Okay, they are all amazing! And you finished it all way before Halloween - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kera
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! He he he. Glad to know you are still in the U.S. but how fun to visit Africa! I, like all the other commenters, am very impressed by your costumes but not surprised. You continue to be the most talented person I know, and I'm so grateful you are sharing it in your neck of the woods:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow is all I can say!!

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete