Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Charlotte

We'll take a break from Africa to note that Charlotte turned 1!!! She hasn't had her 1 year Dr. appointment yet but I'll share the stats I measured. Length - 32.5 inches Weight - 24 pounds She has 8 teeth and two molars barely poking out and two more working on it. She does the usual dadada, bababa,... lots of different sounds and a couple of times she has said mawmu. Mostly when she is crying and I come to pick her up. She really likes to climb the stairs and can even come back down -- although I am a little wary of her having free reign of them. At bed time I just have to put her in her crib and she cuddles with her blankets and sucks her thumb until she falls asleep. She will just play in her crib when she wakes up unless she sees Aaron leave the room - then she gets upset. She has only taken one step at a time on her own; she can stand anywhere anytime she wants but is just as happy to drop back down to crawl where she wants to go. Uncle Dan and Aunt Miranda gave us this toy for Christmas, and it is one of Charlotte's favorites. The drill press in the back makes noise when you pull it and the drill really turns - she is fasinated by this. Sometimes it is a little noisy though - like when we read scriptures or watch TV.
For some reason she liked to cuddle with the tool bench - maybe she'll grow up and like to remodel things. I think partly she likes it because the bench vibrates when the saw or drill are on.
Her great excited look.
I really like this look - for the first 10 months of her life she almost never had her mouth closed. So it is sooo cute now when she closes her mouth -- especially with those cute chubby cheeks.
A couple days before her birthday I put her on this bike and she was in heaven. She could get on and off and push herself backwards. It was not long before she figured out how to push herself forward either. I guess it is nice to have a big baby. Emma was very capable when she was a baby but she was also little so it was harder to do some things.
She can even stop for bacon while driving!
I was busy doing something on the computer; Matthew and Emma were playing outside. Charlotte had been working outside with me earlier and got covered in mud so she was wandering around naked. I knew she had gone outside, but I was surprised to see her on this bike when I went to check on her. It seemed way too big for her to get on all by herself. I guess she really does like biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment