Here is our conversation on the way home from church activities last night.
Matthew "Mom when can I get married" (said in a whiney - why can't I do it now voice)
Me "Lets see - you're 5, so in about 20 years when you are 25"
Matthew "AAhhh I wanted to get married when I'm 20"
Me "Too bad, you'll be on your mission then"
Pause
Matthew "I'm going on my mission to Lego Land"
Lots of snickering from everyone in the car
Aaron "You can't go on a mission to Lego Land!!!" (said in a Duh voice)
Me "That's funny, are you going to ride rides and teach the gospel at the same time?"
Katie "Can missionaries even go to Lego Land?"
Me "I don't know - probably not. I know they can't go swimming."
Katie "Then they can't go to Lego Land"
Me "They have water at Lego Land?"
Aaron "Yes you can float on floaty things that look like legos"
Me "I guess you can't go on your mission to Lego Land then Matthew."
Matthew "Yes I can, I won't go swimming. I will just teach the gospel to the people who aren't swimming!"
I love the logic - obviously he really wants to go to Lego Land. The kids get these lego magazines and one had a coupon to Lego Land. I haven't heard the end of it since. Lets not mention that the park is nearly across the entire country!!
It's wonderful to have had such a fun/funny drive home though -- it definitely beats fighting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment