Just so that you get the full impact, here is the picture of the room when we bought the house. The wall paper is covering wood paneling.
I am proud because I finally learned how to drywall correctly so that the seams didn't show and there were no weird lumps from the drywall mud not being smooth enough. I am quite pleased, although I was quite sore by the time I was done.
We also decided to tile this time so that if the bathroom floods again we can just wipe it up and not have to replace everything. Remodeling a room twice is quite enough for me!!
So the funny thing is that I told Andy that I was not in the position to be remodeling again - with all the kids home for the summer and 3 kids 3 and under - so if he wanted to do the work himself he could, but I was ok with paying someone to do it with our insurance money. I made it pretty clear that I was going to do no work in that room - Ha. We thought we could tackle the linoleum this time because we found out that Home Depot had a linoleum scraper that you can rent (it only got the top layer off and we still had to hand scrape the rest with a razor blade =P.) so I conceded that it might be wise to tile so that we won't have to worry about the room anymore and that is my job. Then we were going to hire someone to do the drywall, but um that never happened so Andy put up the drywall and we both read on line how to do it, I watched a few videos, and since I am at home an Andy is at work I also became the drywall pro. Then I primed and painted although Andy thankfully did the last coat, and I put up molding and Andy did the wiring. Plus we redid the bathroom, in which Andy took out the tile and 1 inch of concrete (with a jack hammer) we both ripped out and replaced walls. I mudded, painted, tiled, grouted, and then he put in the fixtures.
I am not saying I did all the work but I did at least over half of it and the more time consuming stuff -- obviously I need to work at following through on my decisions!!!
Great Job! You guys know how to do it right. Aren't you glad you were adamant about not doing any of the work; otherwise you might have done even more! Can we invite you to our house?
ReplyDelete