Monday, October 18, 2010

6 months

Charlotte has been six months for a couple of weeks now, but she just had her Dr. appointment so I now have statistics and I took her 6 month pictures today, so we can just call today the celebration. Charlotte would like to note here that vaccinations are not a good way to celebrate!!!!
As you can see she has her two bottom teeth -- she has actually already had them for 2 months -- crazy girl. If you look closely you will see her top swollen gums getting ready for more teeth.

6 month statistics:
Height -- 28 inches -- above the 95th percentile
Weight -- 19 lbs -- 95th percentile
Head -- 44 1/2 cm -- 90th percentile

Her height was about 3 lines above the weight on the plot paper so I was surprised that the Dr. just said a little above the 95th percentile.

Obviously she is sitting up and has been doing so for about 3 weeks. I love this picture because she looks so sweet and demure. Really she is sweet. She has just learned the da sound and I love to hear her saying DADADADA.

She is very much a mama's girl and has a hard time when I pass her off to other people. She is very mellow but also very busy -- I know it doesn't make much sense! she is generally pretty happy and we can put her to bed while she is still awake and she will put herself to sleep; she will also usually wake up happily and wait until we are ready to get her. But on the other hand if I am holding her she wiggles all over the place and leans back and is very not cuddly.
She would much rather eat baby food than drink her bottle but she is not quite able to pick Cheerios up by herself and put them in her mouth --although she is persistant at trying.
I think she is ready to be mobile, but not quite coordinated enough for it =>.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to hear how your baby is growing up! She sounds so advanced. Camden isn't cuddly either, but he does want to be doing more than he is able. I suspect it is quite frustrating for them.

    ReplyDelete