Friday, January 29, 2010

Matthew's Poor Teeth

Ever since Matthew has learned to walk he has been a little bit clumsy. He has a knack for falling on his face - mainly his mouth and has a few chips on his front teeth because of it.
Over all though his mouth has survived and his front teeth are cute and actually touch. That is until the other day... Andy took the kids to swimming and he and Matthew - who is too little to swim were running outside. Matthew kept crossing in front of Andy and eventually got thrown to the ground - landing of course on his face.

I was at book group that night and when I got home he was already in bed - but Andy related the tale of him falling and hurting his lip. The next morning I noticed he looked a little weird. His right front tooth was knocked way back and his left front tooth had an even bigger chip in it. For a couple of days when I looked at him all I could think was what happened to my cute little mouth - you look like a redneck now!
This silly picture doesn't really do it justice but you can kind of tell that the one tooth is pushed back... Fortunately the tooth that was pushed back has started to move back where it belongs so he doesn't look quite so weird.

2 comments:

  1. The wires must have been crossed in heaven... are you sure he isn't Adam's child? I'm sure you've heard the tales of Adam busting his front teeth about a million times as a child, right? The ones he has now are caps! Good luck with him! Tell him not to stand with his hands in his pockets while standing on a curb....some one could come up behind you and push you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of Adam too! And I'd be sad to not see he's little "Wallace" teeth. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete