Monday, December 7, 2009

Is it Christmas-time yet?

Matthew is pretty excited about Christmas this year. He will randomly ask if it is Christmas time yet. What he means is is it time to open presents yet. I try to explain the whole idea that it is Jesus' birthday, and that it is Christmas time now - that we get to think of Jesus being born but it is not time to open presents yet.

As I was explaining that we open presents because it is Jesus' birthday, Matthew interrupted me with questions. "Is Jesus going to come down here to have cake and open presents?" I explained no he is going to stay in heaven and we will open presents and think of him. "Are we going to make him a cake and give it to him?" no "Can he make his own cake in heaven?" I actually answered yes here - he could! It was just really cute to see his mind work and try reconcile what he knows about birthdays, with Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment