Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween

We went up to Dad's house for Halloween. We got to participate in their ward's Trunk or Treat. It was fun and significantly bigger than ours! They had a costume contest for the different ages and Aaron won for his age group -- it probably helped that he was great at acting like a dinosaur to go along with the costume!!
Nathan decided not to dress up this year since he is 13; in our ward the trunk or treating is just for the primary. Too bad for him that he didn't dress up because the youth did get to get candy there!!!
Katie wanted to be Bad Kitty and fortunately I had a friend that I could borrow a costume from, and fortunately Katie is skinny, because the costume was made for someone 2 years younger than her!
Aaron was a dinosaur that my dad found at a garage sale. It is a really cool costume and suited him perfectly.
Matthew got to wear the shark costume that Aaron had when Matthew was born. He was pretty excited about it until he spilled chili on it at the Trunk or Treat and then he wanted a new costume.
Emma got to wear a costume I made for Katie when she was 2, and she wanted the butterfly wings too - so I called her a butterfly princess.
Charlotte is the only one with a new costume - she was an octopus- although many people thought she was a spider.
Her legs are cute all dangling out!! It was especially cute in her carseat with all her legs poking out, and then she would kick and they would all go flailing!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the octopus idea! How cute! You have such creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Charlotte is going to be a great subject to practice taking photos with she is all smiles:) I love her octopus legs. She should totally wear those to church!

    ReplyDelete