Today I went to read to Matthew's kindergarten class in honor of Dr. Seuss (his birthday is tomorrow.) On the way home
Emma asked "why did the school have all those decorations" (They had cool truffular trees and balloons and all sorts of stuff.)
Me: In honor of Dr. Seuss
Emma: Who is that?
Me: the guy that wrote...
Emma: ooooo is it his birthday?
Me: Yep tomorrow is
Emma: ooooh, can we get him a present?
Me: No he is dead so the only present we can get him is reading his books and that will make him happy in heaven.
Emma: oh
Charlotte: If he in heaven he doesn't have a pinkie - I'm sure there was a good head nod there to emphasize her immense knowledge, although I was driving so I didn't see it.
Emma: He has no pinkie in heaven?
Me: No he doesn't have his body, just his spirit.
Emma: So he has no heart, no...
No comments:
Post a Comment