Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthdays

So at first I thought I was going to be amazing and scrapbook 5 pages for each kid each year, that fizzled out pretty quick.  Then I thought I could do an all about me blog page for each of them at their birthdays... So I guess I will just have to be happy with posting a picture for the birthdays in the last  year. 
 Emma actually got 2 birthday cakes for her 3rd birthday.  One a little bit early at home and one on her birthday while we were at Grandma and Grandpa Fox's house. 
  Nathan turned 14. It is nice to have older kids who don't care about decorated cakes -- and don't even care that their cakes are a little funny looking and too dribbly. 
Matthew turned 5 and was pretty easy to please and was excited to put the sprinkles on himself.  I love little kids because  you can give them presents that shouldn't really even be presents and they are still excited.  In his stash is a ladder for the trampoline. 
Obviously I should have waited to have kids change into pajamas after her cake.  It was FHE night and the usual rule is to put on pajamas and then have cake.  She turned a whopping 11.  Katie actually helped make her cake this year - it was fun to bake with her.
 Aaron turned 9 and he had the same cake as Nathan.  I decided it could only be better by splitting the layers and adding more chocolate mousse.  It's not quite as homely either, but I still have a long way to go.  He put his Lego Harry Potter Quiddich set on top. It did have a little bit of trouble not sliding off!
Charlotte turned 2 and she looks so old now.  She is in love with Dora, so I made here a Dora and Boots out of chocolate and the cake said "Hill, Lake, Charlotte's Birthday" in true Dora style.  Cake Boss makes decorating cakes look a lot more simple than it is in reality. 

1 comment:

  1. Fun cakes! Lena told me about your blog tonight and I am so excited to read it and see what you are up to! If you ever want to look at my blog it's leeandruth.blogspot.com. I hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete