Katie's only instruction to me this morning was that she wanted a bun with all of her hair up. I decided it was time to try the hairdo that I saw at stake conferece a while ago. I was even brave went up to a complete stranger and asked to see her kid's head so that I could figure out how to make the bun myself.

It didn't work out exactly as I planned but it was still pretty cool.

It was really fun that we had a million flower clips to choose from, because while Melinda was here we spent way too much time making them.

You can't tell really well from the picture, but the whole inside of the bun is hollow. It was kind of funny because while I was still in the middle of doing her hair Nathan came down and saw it and said "That is so cool, you have to take a picture of that one!" and then handed me the camara. Then when I went to put Charlotte to bed Katie asked me if I had blogged about her hair yet.

Here is Emma's hairdo for the day too - although she was a little less cooperative about getting her picture taken. I did her hair while she ate - which is good because it took longer than I planned, but you can still see the evidence of the banana bread on her face =>.
I picked her hairdo because I wanted to use all the cute little pink flowers in her hair.
Wow! Katie's hair is awesome! I don't think I (or the girls!) have the patience to do that. Okay, I think I lack the skill as well. It is quite impressive and I am amazed with it. Good job!
ReplyDeleteKatie I loved your hair. That is awesome and you look beautiful! And Emma's hair is lovely too. I love all the flower clippies in their hair. Good use of time Kera!
ReplyDeletethis is an experimental post (my computer seems to be finally allowing me to post comments on these blogs and I wanted to see if it would let me post on yours), but I do love Katie's bun. It looks amazing. How did you do it?
ReplyDelete