I realized this week that maybe I needed to have a new plan of attack. Obviously trying to tackle it all in one day is not working for me. My new idea was to wash, dry, fold, and put away one load a day. So far this is working better; it is not such a huge job that I have to psych myself up to do!
Strangely it felt like I had more time too. Something about not spending so much time procrastinating work I was supposed to do taking up all the time when I could do something else useful/fun.
In my free time I decided to do more than just think about making my car seat look more girly. Sorry I didn't think to take a before picture, but picture a mix of navy blue and blue plaid material. I am really happy with the results.
There are only a couple of problems with this new found freedom to sew: 1 I have stayed up way too late the last two night in order to do it (I keep thinking "Oh I'll just finish this step..." and then stay up until 1 am) and 2 it sure hurts my body to sit in "sewing" position.
Since I finished the car seat visor this evening while Andy whisked all the kids away to swimming I figured I would start on a dress to bring the new baby home in. I thought I could work on the pleats I needed to make for the bodice while sitting on the couch and resting my poor sore sewing muscles. In the end I practically finished the whole dress and started a matching one for Emma. I will have to put my new addiction on hold for a little bit though because tomorrow I have a birthday party for Aaron to get ready for -- I had planned on doing at the park so that I wouldn't have to clean my house, before and after, but it is supposed to rain =P. And I can't stay up all night tomorrow night because I am going on the youth temple trip on Saturday -- our closest temple is 3 hours away. Anyway it has been fun to sew again.
No comments:
Post a Comment