I figured I would make a tradition of it, and do a favorite things page for each kid for their birthday. Ok so even such a simple task and I am already 9 days late for Nathan. Hopefully it doesn't get further and further with each kid!

The swimming pool is always a favorite, although he does like it better when there are other kids his age around to play with. Oh I guess I should use more grown up words like other guys to hang out with =>.

My kids were sadly deprived of the coolest pool toy ever - a torpedo - because I am too cheap to buy one. However usually there was someone with a more loving mom at the pool that would. For the last few weeks, there was one left at the pool and Nathan almost always had it.

Nathan likes to bike but as you can see his bike had a few technical difficulties. It got a flat tire, it is all fixed but not actually reattached to the bike yet.

Scootering is always fun too. Don't worry he usually had shoes on -- it was just for this quick shot that he didn't.

Nathan will still tinker around for hours builing with legos. The green and gray plane is an Indiana Jones set he got for his birthday.

Once it clicked toward the end of second grade that reading was fun he has been an avid reader ever since. Last year he got over 600 AR points (tests at school that

It's probably hard to tell from the picture, but Nathan is looking at a rocks and minerals handbook and has displayed a few of his rocks from his rock collection. He still wants to grow up to be a geologist.

Last year Nathan had a friend at school that had a coin collection and inspired Nathan to start one; it didn't hurt that he gave Nathan a bunch of old coins to start. He wanted me to write some specific ones he had, but I already forgot what he said =>.

While he is really not much of a sportsman (he'd really rather be inside) he has decided that two sports are pretty cool: soccer and disc golf.

First, don't look at the mess in the background... Nathan loves to run around with Emma on his shoulders - Emma really likes it too. I liked this picture because it's on the the way down from a bounce so Emma's hair is flying crazy.

Wrestling Matthew is a past time that is really not my favorite. They have a good time generally but sometimes Nathan forgets that Matthew is 10 years younger than him - or he does something silly like throwing shoes at him...

If I would let him, Nathan would be on the computer 24/7. Some of his favorite games are Worms, Spore, and Lego Star Wars. He also has found a new love for emailing people - as some of you have already noticed! Listening to Weird Al is also one of his favorite past times. When he gets together with friends they listen to his music and want to check out his videos on YouTube -- he also likes "Will it Blend" where they blend up a bunch of weird stuff. If only I would let him use the computer without exhibiting any sense of responsibility first... He has to earn his computer time with piano practicing time, poor kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment